16.-18. October 2018
Schwäbisch Hall, Germany
Progress in the treatment and application of manure and digestate products
International conference with trade exhibition and excursion
The conference will address the latest international scientific state and successful examples of implementation. The main topics include the current state of the art, advances in bioeconomy and sustainability, as well as prospects for promising innovations and new research approaches.
Call for papers
For the plenary, innovative lectures from practice and promising research on the following categories are requested:
- 1. State of the art
- Post-treatment methods (drying, pelleting, etc.)
- Preparation process for partial and full reprocessing
- Production of a certified and marketable fertilizer
- 2. Bioeconomy
- Fundamentals of the material and energetic cascade use of biomass
- Practical examples of cascading use (eg. fertilizer, litter, peat substitute, laminate, flooring, wood-based material, etc.)
- 3. Environment and sustainability aspects
- Recyclability and degradability of bio-based materials
- Nutrient composition of manure and digestate
- Fertilizer production for organic farming
- Manure and digestate and their influence on humus balances
- Stress fields: digestate processing and groundwater protection
- Heavy metal contamination of digestate from waste management
- Emissions occurring from manure and digestate treatment
- 4. Results from practical experience
- Market potential of manure and digestate
- Marketing strategies at local and national levels
- 5. Innovations, outlook
- Focal points of research and development
- Analysis results of new processing techniques
- Outlook and perspectives
Deadline for abstract submission:February 28, 2018
Each presentation can not exceed 20 min.
The presentation can be submitted and held either in German or English
(simultaneous translation will be provided). The presentation (PowerPoint slides) should be in English or bilingual (DE-EN).
Deadline for abstract submission:
February 28, 2018
Please register here before sending your abstract.
After registration you will receive your submission ID, instructions and a template for your abstract.
Achieve international recognition and high profile contacts with your presentation on this future-sensitive field of manure and digestate.
The conference and trade exhibition will be attended by aprox. 200 international experts and offers an ideal opportunity for networking and business.
Acceptance and decline of the submitted abstracts will be announced on May 15, 2018. Accepted abstracts will get a notification at the email you provided, as well as your invoice, which needs to be balanced till 31 July 2018, to benefit from the Early-Bird-Offer.
Until 31.07. 2018 reduced participation fee: € 290
excl. 19% VAT.
For payments after 31 July 2018, the full participation fee of € 390 is due.